Distribution Control Center (DCC) Application Hands On Exercises
US$ 3500 Per participant
1. COURSE OVERVIEW:
As distribution companies evolve under the restructuring of the electric utility enterprise, many technical, economic and business challenges emerge. Depending on how a distribution company is restructured, there are opportunities and risks that were not envisioned before restructuring.
The main opportunity of course is to run the company as a “business” that aims at increasing profitability through successful use of technology, management principles and sound financial principles. The risks can be many, however, as failure to perform its tasks effectively, will cause customer complaints, operating at a loss and eventually burdening almost everyone involved. This course will deal initially with a review of restructuring issues as the affect a distribution company and its relationship to: generating company suppliers, the transmission company and above all, the various types of consumers.
Following that the course will deal with the Functional Components of the Distribution Control Center and their integration to meet the ever-changing needs of the distribution utility enterprise. It will then go over the essential systems that are needed namely: (a) The overall “Information System” as a whole and its various components: Customer Information System (CIS), Geographic Information System (GIS), SCADA; (b) Operating functions both real-time and offline, and (c) performance issues associated with the role of the DCC in enhancing the various business operations and company profitability
2. COURSE OBJECTIVES:
By attending course participants will be able to:
- Competently define the Concepts of Substation Automation.
- Specify the Main Components of Substation Automation.
- Present the requirements of an Effective Substation Automation System.
- Compare and evaluate different Systems and Products Available today.
- Identify the multitude of benefits a substation Automation System can bring to Power System Network.
- Effectively design and implement a Substation Automation System, based on your Specific Requirements.
- Avoid pitfalls and costly mistakes when implementing Substation Automation.
- Analyze and assess the economic benefits Substation Automation can bring to your factory or workplace.
- Make informed decisions regarding the suitability of various systems according to your specific requirements.
- Diagnose Shortcomings of Existing substation Automation.
3. COURSE CONTENTS:
Check our Brochure.
For More Detalis Contact Us