Identifying Training Needs through Competency Profiling
US$ 3000 Per participant
1. COURSE OVERVIEW:
Competency Profiles match an Employee's Qualifications and Training to the Knowledge, Skills & Attitude required for the Job. The employee's performance in the job depends on his abilities and his resources. The Competency Profile specifies which abilities are expected and the performance evaluation reports on how well the employee's abilities match the profile. The advantage of using a Competency Profile for this purpose is to remove personal bias. The Competency Profile lets companies review and validate personnel decisions objectively.
Successions Planning with Competency Profiles give a company a tool to help make Succession Decisions. When Competency Profiles exist for Top Management, it is easy to identify candidates down the Organizational Ladder who have the required qualities to take over the top jobs. The advantage of using competency profiles for these decisions is to reduce influence from playing favorites or nepotism. In succession, as in other decisions on promotion, Competency Profiles take personal preferences out of the equation and substitute facts.
It has been calculated that the average length of time before a job is re-structured today is between 2 and 3 years. The increasing pace of change in business processes, corporate mergers and advances in technology require that jobs be regularly re-defined and updated. A well-structured and defined job will prevent overlapping or unclear responsibilities, and will allow the incumbent to focus clearly on the outcomes required of him/her. It will also facilitate the development of an effective performance management system and a targeted training plan, geared to the Key Performance Areas of the Job.
2. COURSE OBJECTIVES:
By attending course participants will be able to:
- Equip Participants with both the confidence and ability to develop Competency Profiles and use these in managing and enhancing Job Performance specifically by identifying targeted training needs.
- Learn to distinguish between activity and results, effort and achievements, pedigrees and performance!
- insight into the modern focus on outcomes and competencies.
- Be able to analyse jobs, map work processes, identify key performance areas and highlight the competencies required by successful job-holders.
- learn how to use competency profiles to clear overlapping job responsibilities, clarify the training requirements of a position and manage performance according to agreed outcomes..
- Apply the right process and tools for defining and assessing Competencies in line with Competency Dictionary Model.
- Able to identify the required Knowledge, Skills, and Attitude to develop a Competency Profile within given time.
3. COURSE CONTENTS:
- Module (01) Introduction to Job Competency.
- Module (02) Levels of Work in Business .
- Module (03) Benefits of an Integrated Competency.
- Module (04) Measuring Competency Related to Results.
- Module (05) Competency Profiles.
- Module (06) Training Needs Analysis.
- Module (07) Constructing a Competency Framework.
- Module (08) Assessing ROI of Training Process.
- Module (09) HR Benchmarking & Best Practices.
- Module (09) Management Responsibilities & Tools.
For More Detalis Contact Us